No doubt that carbon fiber products are considered as the top-notch and premium options in most products. From cars to guitars, you can find a range of products which are made of carbon fiber. Even though it was found in 1980, the lightweight design and great strength make it one of the most durable materials around the world.
You can find guitars made of carbon fiber in the music world, where the whole body is made from carbon fiber. It has a higher strength; the guitar’s overall weight reduces to half of a normal wooden guitar, and it seems highly durable also. However, the key factors like sound output, weight balance, and a few other are important norms that you should be looking at.
Here we made a list of factors that you should be checking to avoid facing any problem and understanding the benefits of owning a carbon fiber guitar.
The benefit of Owning a Carbon Fiber Guitar
When you are playing a song on wooden guitar vs. when you are playing a song on carbon fiber guitar, you can find significant differences during the use. We made a list of key factors that are different. Let’s learn about all of the benefits –
- Get Incredible Sound – No doubt that the guitar’s sound starts improving and when the material is lightweight. The material used in making a premium quality guitar is normally lightweight wood, which has better strength. There will be a clear and crisp sound, which will give you a volumized feeling when playing a song.
- Better Durability – Sound is the most important factor, but you can’t be wrong with a carbon fiber guitar when it comes to durability. These guitars are going to last you years, and they won’t have any kind of issue with the fretboard. A usual wooden guitar lifespan is way lower than the carbon fiber guitar. That’s why you can prefer them for sure.
- Lightweight Option – Playing a carbon fiber guitar is easy, and it is also a very much lightweight option. Anyone can hold a carbon fiber guitar due to the lower weight, and it will provide you a firm grip. Thus, being able to perform without feeling exhausted is possible with such types of guitars.
- Better finishes – The black color looking wooden guitar have this issue of scratches after a couple of weeks of usage. However, if you have a guitar made up of carbon fiber, you won’t have to worry about such problems anymore. These guitars can provide better finishes and a long-term shine.
- Compact Choice – If you compare a jumbo guitar with an acoustic guitar, there is a significant difference in size. The same goes for the carbon fiber guitar because these are compact in size, and transporting them from one place to another is easy as compared to the other options available out there.
- Looks Attractive – Apart from all the benefits, you can find that carbon fiber guitars are going to look way more attractive than a normal wooden guitar. It will catch more attention, and it seems like the best choice when you are performing live on stage. The finishing varies with the type of guitar.
These are all the popular benefits you can expect from a guitar made from carbon fiber material. Most manufacturers are offering a range of additional features in these guitars, which can definitely attract you.
Note – Even though carbon fiber guitars are awesome and provide these advantages, you can find several budget issues. Such kinds of guitars are available for the highly expensive price point, which might be a big hurdle for beginner guitarists.
The Final Verdict
No doubt that the guitar’s hollow body will produce a better sound that can grab your attention. You must choose some of the finest quality guitars from reputed manufacturers to grab the best deal. It is also important that you look for the sizes and number of layers that are used in the manufacturing of the guitar. By this method, finding the best guitar is possible.
After reading all these factors, you can say that a wooden guitar lacks something when compared to a carbon fiber guitar.